-->

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Becoming a Makeup Artist: Building Your Kit for Aspiring MUA (The Affordable Way)




Clockwise: 15 Color Camoflage & Concealer Palette, La Femme 12-Palette Blush Set, 88 Color Warm Eye Shadow Palette, 32 Color Lip Palette, BH Cosmetics 120 Eye Shadow 3rd Edition Palette & 120 Eye Shadow Palette.








 










As I mentioned in my previous post, I recently enrolled in the Professional Makeup course at the Face Place. For any makeup artist, one of the most important things you have to invest in is your makeup kit. But for most of us who are just starting out (myself included), since you're not getting paid as yet, you don't want to break the bank. So I did my research and found most if not all my essential items at an affordable price. The only thing I think I may need to add to my kit are a few more foundations. I did purchase a cream concealer and colour corrector palette but I think I may run out based on the size.

The school does offer a makeup kit in association with Sacha Cosmetics. However, the reason I decided to get my own kit was because the kit offered by the beauty brand did not include an actual carry case, eyeshadow palette etc and this was almost double the price I paid to purchase my own supplies.

Below I listed the company websites I used to purchase most of my items:

www.eyeslipsface.com
www.lecosmetique.com
www.bhcosmetics.com
www.makeupmania.com

I hope you found this little info useful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave it in the comment section below. Thanks for visiting my blog!









Other Must-Have Items for makeup Kit:

Tweezer
Cotton Roll
Cotton Pads
Sanitary Wipes
Hand Sanitizer
Cream Cleanser
Rubbing Alcohol
Witch Hazel
Face Moisturizer
Eyelash Curler
Eye Pencils (Black & Dark Brown)
Mascara (Black & Brown)
Lip Moisturizer
Assortment of Face Powder
Translucent Powder
Headbands/Hair Clip
White Protective Covering for Client
Mixing Palette
Spatulas
Disposable Mascara Wands
False Individual Eyelashes
Eyelash Glue
Makeup Wedges
Q-Tips




No comments:

Post a Comment